Sapa – amazing highland
SaPa is a frontier township and capital of Lao Cai Province and located in north-west of Vietnam. Sapa is the habitat of ethnic minority groups such as Hmong and Yao, Giáy, Pho Lu, and Tay. There are four main minority groups still live in Sapa today.
Tourism industry development of Sapa depending on cool weather, convenient climate and cultural tourism. When tourists come to Sapa, they will have opportunity to enjoy fresh atmosphere, visit ethnic group village and discover superb natural beauty. Sapa is the best place to travel through the year. In summer, the weather is cool and in winter, it is cold. Sometimes in summer of Sapa, visitors will see snow. Cloud and fog are beauties of this city.
Means of transport:
There are two popular ways to visit Sapa:
- By train: it seems like being more comfortable when travel by train to reach Sapa. One useful advice is that you should book the ticket as soon as possible in vacation to take good seats.
- By bus: the advantage of this kind of transports is the price is cheaper than moving by train but the disadvantage is bad service. Staffs on buses are not friendly at all. Therefore, depends on your budget to decide which means of transport you will choose.
There are two places which are crowded of cheap motels and cheap hotels in Sapa
. These are Cau May Street and Fansipang areas. Mutual price level often fluctuates from 200,000 to 300,000 VND per room in normal days and 250,000 to 350,000 VND in special vacations.
- Quoc Thai motel: on Fansipang Street. 200,000 VND per room.
- Hoang Phuong motel: this motel is about 700 meters from bus station and 200 meters from central church. Furthermore, Hoang Phuong motel is near central market and Ham Rong mountain. Plus is this being peaceful motel at reasonable price 250,000 VND per room.
- Mimosa Hotel: this hotel is located near central market. The reasonable price is about 250,000 VND per room.
- Little Sapa II hotel and restaurant: 38 Cau May Street. An advantage is this hotel located at the center of ancient town Sapa.
There are a lot of fantastic destinations in Sapa including outstanding ones below which is highly recommended for you. You should not neglect them: Ban Ta Van (Bản Tả Văn), Ban Lao Chai (Bản Lao Chải), Ban Ta Phinh (Bản Tả Phình), Ban Cat Cat (Bản Cát Cát), Ham Rong mountain (núi Hàm Rồng), Bac waterfall (thác Bạc). Because that all destinations above is straggle in Sa Pa, you should rent a motorbike to save a cost and experience wonderful views in Sa Pa. The price of a renting motorbike is about 80,000 to 120,000 per one bike. Or if you travel with your family, you should rent a car for movement.
The ways from center of Sapa leads to Ta Van and Ta Phinh have a lot of beautiful terraces. Terraces is a special beauty in Sapa that attract a huge number of backpackers. In each point of time, colors of terrace fields will change. Therefore, when you come, you absolutely should take pictures with wonderful terraces there. Ban Ta Phinh is the habitat of highland ethnic minority as Yao. So, you should experience medicinal plant bath in Ta Phinh.
Ban Ta Van is located in nice valley which is covered by fog in springs and winters. The way leads to Ta Van is also the way to Ban Ho (Bản Hồ) and stone fields in Sapa. If you are interested in trekking, Ta Van or Cat Cat are ideal places for you. Trekking is one kind that are suitable for people who are love freedom and comfort and you should do trekking in autumn or at the start of spring.
- Ham Rong Mountain: this mountain is located at the center of Sapa. At the peak of Ham Rong, you can see the overview of Sa Pa, Muong Hoa valley or Ta Phinh which are loomed in fog. Nowadays, there are a lot of kinds of flower on Ham Rong mountain. Especially precious and rare kinds are planted there.
- Ancient church: this church is located at the center of Sapa. Specialty is it built by rock in 1895 so locals usually call it as Stone Church. This is a integrity construction of French that maintains till today. Ancient church is a symbol of foggy Sapa.
Lists below are prices of ticket when you want to visit famous destinations in Sapa:
- Ham Rong Mountain: 70,000 VND per ticket.
- Ban Cat Cat: 40,000 VND per ticket.
- Ban Sin Chai: 20,000 VND per ticket.
- Ban Lao Chai – Ta Van – Ban Ho: 40,000 VND per ticket.
- Ban Ma Tra – Ta Phin: 30,000 VND per ticket.
- Silver Waterfall: 10,000 VND per ticket
- Love Waterfall: 35,000 VND per ticket.
- Fansipang (not included insurance and fee): 150,000 VND per ticket.
Foods in Sapa:
You can enjoy main dishes and breakfasts in food court which is near Square and opposite the church. All prices are public so you can feel free to choose suitable foods.
In additional, you should enjoy special noshes in Sa Pa such as Grilled meat roll or Fried fermented pork roll… Children and adults in Sapa are very hospitable. Therefore, when you lose the way or don’t know where to eat, you can ask locals. Just give them a candy or a biscuit as a present, they will be very happy.
We hope that you will have wonderful time in Sapa with beauties and people there. This place does suitable for people who enjoy discover natural beauty and learn specialties of culture in strange land where you have visited for the first time in your life!